Monday, August 10, 2009

August 10 - 60/60

Yesterday our Youth Pastor intern, Eric Krause, spoke about how we really see our relationship with God. He put forward two of the most powerful questions I think we can ask. When we get the answers to these two questions straightened out, our lives are forever changed.

The two questions are: Who is God? and, Who am I in relationship to Him?

Eric went on to tackle the differences between seeing ourselves as slaves to God, or sons of God. Huge difference. Here are some of the differences Eric pointed out:

a slave is driven by duty. (I have to do this to please God)
a son is driven by devotion. (I love to please God)

a slave is poor. (you only get what you work for)
a son is rich. (you have everything that belongs to the Father)

a slave has a master.
a son has a Father.


Powerful truths to think about this week. Kudos to Eric Krause for being used by God to speak to us yesterday. Grateful he's on our team.

2 comments:

  1. So I've lost track of what day it is, really don't care anymore. As I went back to work today after 4 days off, I sure needed the alarm. But by the end of the night I was singing Cannons (Phil Wickham) in my head when the alarm went off. I sensed my FATHER smiling. Even when 60/60 challenge is "done" I can't stop - I need this reminder to stay connected! AND the Lord is using it for sharing about HIM too. Went to Carbon County Fair Sat. night - alarm went off when I was talking to someone at a booth/tent. I explained it wasn't a regular phone call, it was God calling me. She asked to pray w/me!!! At work, certain people are drawing closer - wanting to talk about "this Jesus" - other are drawing distant. I've actually been thinking about changing the alarm to every 1/2 hour - especially at work! - especially at home! - well all over :) Liking the change HE is doing in me through it - can't wait for Sat. (well technically Sun early am) - 24/7!!! I can't wait to see what the Lord is going to do this time - what challenges HE'll be giving me, what comfort, what peace. HMMMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was away for a week at Senior Teen Camp. Not all of the campers knew Jesus, some of the campers knew about Jesus but wanted nothing to do with Him--camp was just a get-away from home/parents and a get-together with friends. Those who were curious got a taste of what/who God is and hopefully will continue to grow as they experience life in Christ. Found myself getting frustrated with these kids and their apathy. Then realized that maybe that's how God feels about me sometimes. I'm just a child, sometimes ignorant of the ways of what He knows to be best. Lord, help me continue on to what is best for me.

    ReplyDelete