Wednesday, July 1, 2009

July 1 - 60/60 CHALLENGE

As I'm writing 'CHALLENGE' in the title space for this post I was just reminded that this spiritual practice is not so much 'challenge' as it is 'privilege.' Just reminding myself that the Creator of heaven and earth desires relationship with me! Amazing yet once again. The other day I heard my son singing quietly 'Amazing Grace' and I thought to myself, "Such and old song from the lips of such a young person........ maybe the song never really gets old."

May the 60/60 not be a 'challenge' but a privilege for you today and may the 'amazing' part never get old for you...PE

3 comments:

  1. I believe for me the challenge is the realization of what a privilege it is to have a Creator, Father God that really cares about lil ole' me every hour of every day......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been wearing a watch nor have I been setting a timer every hour, but I've been thinking about God every day. And I agree that it's been a privilege to be here on Earth and glorify Him. 2009 has been the worst year of my life thus far (relationship breakup, seeing several people in the hospital, a friend passing away, the loss of my job, & being diagnosed with another health problem) yet I know I'm not alone. Obviously God loves me enough to realize that I can't go through life's problems alone, and now I have a new best friend in my life. This may sound "tacky" but I knew He was looking out for me just the other day driving to my new job. I looked up in the sky and the sun was shining down in such a way through the clouds that it looked as if it was definitely a sign from God. Obviously with everything going on, He wants me here for a reason, and it's a privilege knowing that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today we celebrate Independence Day. Talked with the family this morning at breakfast about what exactly that means for us today and what it involved for people in the past. Thinking of all that has been suffered and sacrificed for our nation's independence and freedom. Yet there is something greater . . . the chance Christ gave us to experience freedom here on Earth and eternal life with Him. For as much as we WANT independence in this life, we NEED dependence on Him. I am reminded once again this week that He knows so much better than I can and He wants what is ultimately the best for me.

    ReplyDelete