Thursday, July 30, 2009

July 30 - while I'm waiting

As I was praying this morning I really felt God speaking to me about being faithful in the waiting times. Sometimes, if you're like me, I tend to live from event to event. Today God was really reinforcing the importance of being faithful in the 'in between' times.

Think about how many 'in between' times there are in scripture where people just had to live faithfully during those many days of waiting.

Abraham - Got the promise of Isaac at age 75...Isaac was born when Abraham was...100! That's a lot of waiting.

Noah - was in the ark with all of those animals and family in close quarters for over a year!

Moses - tended sheep for 40 years in the desert before having the burning bush experience.

Jesus - we have virtually nothing from the time Jesus became an adult until age 30. That's at least 12 years (even longer with the Hebrew concept of adulthood).

So, my point is, people that have done incredible things for God often had long stretches of waiting...stretches when there aren't huge events going on, but yet they lived faithfully each day. That is what God is calling us to today.

Are you waiting for something? Live faithfully today.

Don't know when something's going to change? Live faithfully today.

Need some inspiration? Check out this great song. It totally nails it.

2 comments:

  1. Blank screen (it's my computer here at work, not a problem w/the site) - What's the song?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah it's me again. My cell phone just keeps "dinging" at the most perfect times. Tonight it stopped someone else mid-sentence - a sentence that I was already praying "LORD!?!"
    about - something very crude. THANK YOU JESUS.
    The alarm stops me, and even stopped a non-believer! About the waiting blog, I get the point for me - don't worry now about what I'm even waiting for, just be faithful. Daily choosing a legacy of faithfulness!

    ReplyDelete