Tuesday, July 28, 2009

July 28 - 60/60

I really feel like God is driving a point home in my own heart and mind today. It's not some new revelation, just a renewed sense of importance. The idea is simply that our relationship with Christ affects everyone around us. The more connected we are with Christ (60/60...) the more it affects all of our interactions with people around us. When you really think about it, we create much of the atmosphere we dwell in simply with our attitudes and outlooks. I know that being close to Christ ALWAYS affects my attitude and outlook for the better.

So today, maybe we could think about it this way. We're not just doing the 60/60 for us, we're doing it to positively impact the people around us.

You can do it. Go for it!

3 comments:

  1. The thought that, 'we're not just doing the 60/60 for us, we're doing it to positively impact the people around us', has me thinking about non-believers. And those who have, at one time, been Christ-followers.
    Have had some instances in the last couple days where positive attitude could make or break the situation. Sadly, it wasn't my first reaction to respond positively, but I caught myself and hopefully positively impacting the people around me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying yet again to have an alarm. I've decided that if I have to just keep resetting the limited alarm on my cell phone then so be it. This blog was very humbling, 'cuz I wouldn't call my affect on those around me positive :'( Thank YOU Lord, for Your forgiveness - for Your Mercy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Jay and I were on the Metro for the last day of our vacation in DC today, we sat facing a young homosexual couple. Now mind you, it wasn't like we plopped down realizing we were directly facing them, however as it quickly became obvious, it also began to stir my heart. I was initially surprised by the blatant affection and tried to pass it off as an "I can't believe what I am seeing" event, but then as I glanced at my husband and down to the floor, my heart kept stirring, and I found myself praying asking God to reveal to these two very young, lost men how much He loved them. For Him to reveal the lies and deception they were believing, and that the twist of Satan's schemes (as we are learning about in our small group) would be undone. I just logged onto this site for the first time since Saturday 7/25 and when I read this their faces immediately appeared to me again so I had to share it. May we be prayerfully uplifting the lives of the unbelievers we find ourselves around whether for a moment on a metro, or right under our own rooftop !! ~Jackie

    ReplyDelete