Saturday, June 20, 2009

60/60 - God is good and gracious...

God is so good and gracious. One of the great things that the 60/60 CHALLENGE brings to light is how gracious God is and how His desire is not condemnation, but that we grow. I’ve messed up resetting my alarm so many times it’s pathetic - and yet when I realize it, I simply turn my heart and mind toward Him once again and take another little step of growth toward Him. It’s such a great picture of exactly how we are to live our lives everyday.

What's God speaking to you through the 60/60?

1 comment:

  1. IT so great to read as you speak of condemnation today. We have family visiting us unexpectedly, and the reminder of how I grew up in a "religiously condemning" atmosphere is already evident yet again in a new generation. I find myself biting my tongue wanting to scream out, "NO!! that is NOT the God we serve!" Instead my alarm (I too have messed up the reset)goes off and my nephew strangely looks at me...........I silence it, pause,pray, settle my thoughts and we begin a cadence of conversation again. God is speaking volumes, I keep a writing tablet close and journal ALOT recently. I don't wanna sound cliche, but the familiar song, "I don't wanna close my eyes, I don't wanna fall asleep......I don't wanna miss a thing" is what I feel when I think about God this week.......Jackie Angle

    ReplyDelete