Monday, June 22, 2009

60/60 - June 22

Yesterday we talked about living wisely in our Basic Training series and concluded that one of the great questions we can ask ourselves when it comes to decisions is, "What is the wise thing to do?" It's so important that we keep in mind that wisdom begins with a recognition of who God is, and who you are. (Proverbs 1:7) If this is in place, then wisdom doesn't always mean safety - sometimes it means trusting God as we step out in faith. There are times when that's the wisest thing we can possibly do!

Have a great day connecting with God and once in a while when your timer goes off pray, "God, show me what the wise thing would be in this situation."

What's your experience today with the 60/60?

3 comments:

  1. My son and I took my husband out to dinner
    yesterday for Father's Day. The waiter gave us
    the wrong bill which was about 30.00 less than
    it should have been. I said to my son lets talk
    about today's sermon about wisdom. What would be the wise thing to do in this situation. We
    both said without any hesitation that the wise
    thing would be to do the right thing. We called
    the waiter over and told him about the mistake.
    Although this was any easy decision it was fun
    to utilize what we had learned in church that
    day. I think and I pray it will help us when
    faced with hard decisions.

    Monica Anderson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone commented to me that things really seem to happen when you're doing something like the 60/60 Challenge, and they're not always the kind of things you want to have happen.
    Tonight an interaction with one of my children reminded me that even when things are happening that seem like trials or discipline, it still means that God loves us so much more than we can ever imagine. Just like when I have to discipline one of my kids, I'm showing them how much I really do love them, even though they can't understand that concept right now. Usually after the discipline is done they want a hug because somewhere deep down inside they long for the kind of love that comes from discipline.
    Thanks Lord for giving me the strength to discipline in love and not out of anger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff - I am so much enjoying how everyone is applying the things we're thinking about to our everyday situations! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete