Tuesday, June 23, 2009

June 23 - 60/60

I'm getting so encouraged from how everyone is applying so many of the things we're talking about to their everyday situations. It's exactly what God wants us to do!

Here again are some powerful thoughts from the letters of Frank Laubach - he's writing about his intense desire to be led by God. Check it out:

"I am disgusted with the pettiness and futility of my unled self. If the way out is not more perfect slavery to God, then what is the way out? Paul [the apostle] speaks of our liberty in Christ. I am trying to be utterly free from everybody, free from my own self, but completely enslaved to the will of God every moment of this day."

Well said Frank. May that be our prayer also today. We don't always get it perfect, but the important thing is that we're striving and growing in the right direction.

How is it going for you today?

2 comments:

  1. I don't have a timer but am getting better at
    stopping almost every hour to reflect on how
    Christ is working in my life, what I can do to
    grow in the Lord more, giving Him praise and
    thanks for all of His blessings,and how to
    handle situations that arise in the best manner
    possible.I hope to see the fruits of this
    discipline in a couple months, more importantly
    I hope others will notice a change.That will
    be the real test! My desire is to hear the
    Lord's words someday,"Well done my good and faithful servant".

    Monica Anderson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like making this time q hourly gets a little out of whack as my cell phone runs on a 3 hr. alarm so I have to reset every 3 hours.....however, in a humorous way I keep reflecting, "Oh this 60/60!" when something occurs. As you wrote though, isn't that what being enslaved by God is ? Always stopping to think......before.....you get caught up in yourself.... good stuff Pastor Eric, you are a wise leader ! JA

    ReplyDelete