Wednesday, June 24, 2009

June 24 - 60/60

One of the great things about a discipline like the 60/60 is that after a while it becomes part of your life in a way that you feel strange if you miss it. 5 months ago I started going to a gym regularly (everyday except Sunday) and this morning I went and there was some kind of gas leak (police, fire trucks, UGI were all there) in the Tighlman 8 plaza where Planet Fitness is and they wouldn't let anybody into the whole plaza. So, I turned around and went home but it felt strange not to have worked out this morning. That's the way it should feel, perhaps exponentially more uncomfortable, when we miss our connection with God whether it's hourly, or prayer and scripture daily, or whatever it may be.

My prayer is that part of what the 60/60 does is make connecting with God frequently such a regular part of your everyday life that your really miss it if it doesn't happen.

Grace and peace to you today as you passionately pursue becoming the person God created you to be!

1 comment:

  1. I had the brainy idea of doing a countdown for myself on the 60 days, to help me have some markers (milestones not crayolas). For instance, right now I'm feeling that for being on day 11 I should be into a groove with this and I should be running smoothly, but there are still times when that is not the case. I need that alarm to go off to remind me of where my thoughts should be and what my attitude should be reflecting. Thankfully there's still 49 days left!

    ReplyDelete