Friday, June 26, 2009

June 26 - 60/60

Fridays are 'biscuit day' at our house. We have 'made from scratch' biscuits every Friday morning and the kids love it. They look forward to it. The biscuits are nothing special in and of themselves, but it's a regular rhythm in our home that brings a sense normalcy and stability. Doesn't matter if it's been a rough week, or a great week, every Friday morning there will be homemade biscuits and six Millers around the table eating and talking and having a good time.

I think our personal time with God can be the same way, and hopefully you look forward to Sunday mornings in that way - a sense that no matter what else happens in the week, God is still God, and we'll meet together and worship Him whether it seemed like a good week or it seemed like a bad one.

Hope you have a great weekend doing the 60/60 and I'm looking forward to seeing you Sunday.
(any implied comparison of biscuits and God is absolutely unintentional...:)

1 comment:

  1. It's Friday but Sunday is coming! Yeah - truly can't wait. It's been a hard week again, but Sundy is coming!!! I can relate to David - just soooo happy to go to the House of the Lord! and 60/60, I have no way of reminding me, so I asked the Holy Spirit to remind me. AND I have those times when I really want to ignore the reminder, but I pray anyway and of course it's exactly when I needed to. Thanks !

    ReplyDelete