Thursday, June 25, 2009

June 25 - 60/60 - teaching moments...

The other day I’m at the book store with my 10 year old son trying instill in him a love of reading as well as some hangout time with Dad. He’s looking at football magazines and constantly making comments and asking questions. What I find is that there are teachable moments everywhere. He’ll read a quote from a great football player and I’ll reinforce a life-principle. My son doesn’t realize that there are all these things to learn simply from the things right in front of him.

I have to wonder if God doesn’t think the same about me.

The truth is that there are teachable moments all around us. That’s one of the great things about the 60/60…stopping long enough to say ‘God, what do you want me to learn in this situation?’
Keep in mind today that our Father is constantly seeing teachable moments in our lives…we simply need to listen for what He’s saying.

What's He saying to you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment