Friday, June 19, 2009

60/60 June 19th

Frank Laubach was a missionary to the Philippines in the 1930's. In his letters he wrote while he was there, he included this powerful reflection:

"Living in the atmosphere of Islam is proving - thus far - a tremendous spiritual stimulus. Mohammed is helping me. I have no more intention of giving up Christianity and becoming a Mohammedan than I had twenty years ago, but I find myself richer for the Islamic experience of God.

Islam stresses the will of God. It is supreme. We cannot alter any of His mighty decrees. To try to do so means annihilation. Submission is the first and last duty of man. That is exactly what I've been needing in my Christian life."

Reading this begs the question...Is the will of God supreme in my life? Am I passionately pursuing it? Something to think about today as we do the 60/60 CHALLENGE.

No comments:

Post a Comment